Clearly a perfect wine that shows incredible depth of fruit with currants, dark chocolate, minerals and licorice. Full-bodied, tight and wound up with ripe tannins that let go and seduce you. Makes me want to drink it now. But this is a wine for the long
This remains the stunner, a battleship of a wine, brimming with cassis, blackberry and fig fruit that has melded together now, with the backdrop of alder, bay leaf and menthol starting to emerge a bit more. The long finish is loaded with grip, pulling the
Only 49% of the production made it into the 2010 Mouton Rothschild, which has a strikingly beautiful label by Jeffrey Koons. This is a truly great wine, with a very high percentage of Cabernet Sauvignon (94%) and the other 6% Merlot. At 13.9% natural alco
94% Cabernet Sauvignon, 6% Merlot. Very dark, blackish crimson. Lustrous. Something lightly burnt, sort of essence of Mouton but not very aromatic – all buried and dense. Sweet start but then very savoury and meaty with yeast extract and really extreme. 1
Deep purple in colour, with notes of sweet plums, violets, and a hint of cedar and vanilla. This is a seductive, rich and powerful Mouton with plenty of dense flavours but lacking in finesse and detail. There is however amazing density and weight here, with a richness that comes from very sweet, almost over-ripe fruit, so the wine will be embraced by those that prefer this kind of big, rich, ripe Mouton style. To my palate, the 2009 had greater precision in its flavours. Tasted in: Bordeaux, France. Maturity: Young. ~jeannie cho lee in 2011
Under the law of Hong Kong, intoxicating liquor must not be sold or supplied to a minor in the course of business.